Sunday, January 10, 2010

1-10-10 Sunday post

I usually take a lot of notes during church. Sometimes though, I get distracted and start off on some topic that the pastor isn't even talking about. I used to feel bad about this, until it hit me today, that God has put me on that track... I am still learning something, I just took it in a different direction than most people would.
I thought I'd start putting these down here.

I'll title them all "Date" Sunday Post. There may not be a clear thought or anything you think it valid. But it means something to me.
_____________________________________________

Why do pastors have sermons they preach over and over and over.
I'm trying not to seem judgmental or hateful, but I feel like its laziness.
I'll try not to name names here, but one pastor I knew of would preach the same message at the same time every year. I know this because I was at that particular church for a few years.
No changes. word for word. No thought or extra effort put into it. Why would you preach the same message twice and not improve on it? I know that God can lead for the same message to be preached....but wouldn't He do that so you could IMPROVE on it? He doesn't expect you to just recycle material. I'm guilty of this. But no more.
I haven't preached much, but from now on... if I'm going to re-preach a message, it will be with care and thought and MUCH MUCH MUCH prayer. Just because it was Christmas-time, doesn't mean I should dust off the old Christmas Message and re-use it.
I should find something new, something challenging for the people. For myself.

I'll post some of my messages on here sometime, but I need to be careful, or I can be just as complacent.



No comments:

Post a Comment